Monday, September 14, 2009

A Perfect Getaway

This movie starred Steve Zahn, Milla Jovovich and Timothy Olyphant.

This was a typical action thriller with a twist at the end. If you haven't seen it and plan to, I won't reveal the twist I promise.

This movie was directed by David Twohy.

I saw it at the local two dollar theater wich since it was released a little over a month ago, I am will assume it didn't do very well at the box office.

I liked it. It wasn't anything that just blew me away or anything, but it was good.

Steve Zahn and Milla Jovovich are a newly married couple that are on the honeymoon in Hawaii when word gets out that there is a couple on a killing spree. I should probably stop there, if I reveal anymore then I might just spoil it for the rest of you. I am used to seeing Steve Zahn cast as the comedic relief or the comedic lead in a film, his role in this film was nowhere near that so I personally thought he was miscasted. However, I have only seen Milla Jovovich in these types of films and she does a great job. AT the beginning of the film, I was a little concerned that she too may have been miscasted also, however as the film goes on my concerns were alleviated. In regards to Mr. Olyphant, his star just continues to get brighter. He does a good job also but I cant help but wonder if he drew any inspiration from the character he played in Scream 2 for his role in this film.

If you are looking for a good action film then definitely see this.

No comments: